I am sure that many of you would be passionate about music and might be having some of the music instrument to enjoy this pleasant joy given to us. There are different sort of music instruments that people usually owe such as guitar, trumpet, drum, woodwinds, strings or piano. Out of these pianos is the one that is not easy to play and also to maintain in comparison to the other ones mentioned.
So if you have a badly stained piano and you want to care for it then it doesn’t require any professional cleaner or polisher but all you need is a regular soft buff with a lint free cloth. Any sprays or harsh chemicals will damage the surface of the delicate keys and shall also make the instrument look older and worn than what actually it is.
For cleaning the ivory keys you should not:
- Immerse in water
- Scrub with a brush or even a scouring pad
- Use any type of chemicals or even washing up liquid can damage the previous surface
- Spray with furniture polish
- Use air-freshener anywhere near the keys or piano
Ivory should be gently wiped with a soft clean cloth and for stubborn marks or fingerprints you should first wash your hands and thereafter you can use a mild non-colored toothpaste on a damp cloth but ensure that you gently rub and never scrub. Rinse with fresh milk with another lint free cloth and buff well.
You should leave the piano open on sunny days so that the keys stay bleached and don’t turn yellow. Keys that are badly discolored or stained should be scraped and recovered by any professional piano cleaner.
For cleaning plastic keys you should not:
- Use chemicals
- Leave the piano open for long period of time as this shall cause discoloration of the keys
- Use furniture polish as this could be very harsh
Dust regularly and wipe occasionally with a soft solution of warm water and vinegar on clean chamois leather. Then buff well for added shine. If you want to clean the casework that usually gets very dusty you can use a vacuum cleaner attachment to get rid of any cobwebs or dust. It can take some time but it will surely be worth and remember not to use any water or liquid to clean the casework. For stains and marks you can consult a professional piano cleaner or tuner.
- Use piano one to clean, polish, wax, and protect your gloss piano with complete maintenance in one bottle
- Piano one is infused with White Brazilian carnauba wax to deliver a transparent, protective shield with a high-gloss shine
- Grand Piano Soundboard Cleaner
- Keep piano clean
- 8oz Bottle of Cory High Gloss Piano Polish
- 4oz Botle Cory Key Brite
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.