Are you the owner of an online business and eager to promote your website and your services without spending a single dollar? Press release writing could well be one of the ways to advertising your products online.
Technically speaking, press releases are news item which you can transform to cater to your marketing goals by writing ads that have the features of general news. This could be very advantageous in your publicity campaign since many people are bored of reading ad copies that only boast about themselves and want to read news which contains solid information and hard facts. One of the most essential internet marketing schemes, this could effectively attract the eyeballs from targeted groups.
Given below are three ideas to effectual press release writing that can give a boost to your advertising and marketing campaign programs:
- Write your copy in the third person to create press releases that sound objective. Avoid the use of personalized phrases and words. Try to express what you want to say in as much as a concise and brief manner as possible. Straightforward description is the key here – lay out your press release in using the 4 Ws and 1H of news writing – who, what, when, where and how.
- Try to steer clear from hype words. This is a definite no-no in press releases. Editors are extremely impatient of such texts and will discard them in no time. And on the other hand readers will find it too cliché to be honest hence the purpose your advertising copy will become ineffective. Simply use objective words and neutral descriptions.
- When you want to insert hype in press releases there is a way to do it. Place direct quotes from people who lay a claim of loyalty to your products and services. Get the words of endorsement from your CEO or marketing officer and put them word by word in your article.
Strategically insert them in your press release to add the X factor in your write-up. However, keep in mind not to carry this far because you want your article to be objective and not flowing with direct quotations like a book of quotes.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Slaunwhite, Steve (Author)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Murray, Janet (Author)
- Kennedy, Mickie (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.