When buying soaps for sensitive skin, it is important to know what your skin type really is. If you are prone to acne outbreaks, then you should buy an acne soap that contains benzoyl peroxide. However, if your skin is oily or have regular breakouts, then you should use a non-antimicrobial soap such as Dove soap. With regular cleansing, this soap can help reduce the number of blackheads and pimples.
Many dermatologists recommend chamomile soap for sensitive skin because it moisturizes and cleanses dry skin without drying it out. Dove bar soap is considered to be the best all-natural bar soap for sensitive skin, using its special natural ingredients such as olive oil and almond oil. It has no added fragrances, colorants or preservatives.
If you want to avoid harsh ingredients found in ordinary commercial soaps, then try making your own. Making your own natural bar soaps at home is simple. There are many recipes online to help you learn how to make them. You don’t need to purchase expensive equipment or ingredients.
You can achieve the same benefits as a dermatologist. When you feel clean and moisturized, you are more likely to stay that way throughout the day. Having the feeling clean and moisturized can ease some of the physical and emotional pains you may experience. Soap for sensitive skin should not contain harsh chemicals or artificial dyes. If you already have sensitive dry or irritated skin, then use products specifically designed for your skin type.
Natural soap for sensitive skin should include a fragrance-free formula. A fragrance-free formula does not add artificial preservatives, fragrances or colors to your body wash. Fragrances or artificial colors may cause allergic reactions or other health issues for people with sensitive skin. If you cannot find a fragrance-free body wash, look for one that contains mild surfactants, instead. A mild surfactant, such as sodium laureth sulphate (SLS), cleans without drying out your skin.
Soap for sensitive skin should feel heavy and slick when applying. It will not be too thick nor too thin. The consistency should be similar to cream. The skin felt smooth and silky after using a sample bar, but you shouldn’t put it on another part of your body, such as the arm, until it is completely dry. You can also try a drop or two on a cotton swab to see if it feels better or if a full bottle will improve its effectiveness.
- GENTLE ON SENSITIVE SKIN: Nourish your skin with Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar. With its fragrance free and hypoallergenic formula, it gently cleanses for softer skin than ordinary bar soap
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED: Formulated with ultra-mild cleansers and ¼ moisturizing cream, Dove moisturizing Beauty Bar leaves skin instantly soft and smooth with lasting nourishment
- Natural calming agents chamomile and aloe vera soothe and comfort skin
- Use as a body wash or a hand soap
- 33-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash gently cleanses while removing dirt, oil and bacteria and provides soothing relief of dry, itchy skin
- The unique formula of this daily body wash is enriched with soothing oat to help nourish skin without disrupting your skin's natural moisture barrier for soft, smooth and healthy-looking skin
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.