We all have a few of those childhood dreams that fell to the wayside as we grew up. We were either too busy or too involved in something else or were too poor or just kept forgetting about it. It doesn’t matter why we never learned to play the instruments that we wanted to, what matters is that now that we’re adults, are we going to learn to play the musical instruments we dreamed of?
While shopping for the musical instruments of our dreams, we keep running across the “learn to play” instruments and book sets. They look like they were probably designed for kids, but the instruments look like they are almost high quality enough to get away with playing. So can anyone really learn to play a musical instrument from the “learn to play” series?
To be honest, those who learned to play at least one musical instrument as a child most likely can learn to play another musical instrument form the “learn to play” series provided we at least learned the basics of reading music. Being able to at least read the basic scale from sheet music will help tremendously when trying to learn to plat a musical instrument from a book.
Some people do very well learning to play musical instruments from a book, but the people who do very well all have one thing in common, they are self learners. Those of us who were born in the mid to late seventies and beyond grew up in a system of education that everything was handfed to us, thus the majority of us do not learn very well on our own. We need someone to hold our hands and teach us note by note to play a musical instrument, not to mention trying to learn other things. Learning to play a musical instrument from a book requires a certain amount of self teaching ability.
Without the ability to “figure things out along the way,” learning to play a musical instrument from a book will prove to be quite frustrating, although it can most certainly be done. If our desire is strong enough and our patience can run fairly deep, then yes, we can learn to play a musical instrument from a book.
There are few things quite as satisfying as accomplishing something like the challenge of learning to play a musical instrument from a book. As we learn to play any musical instrument without the guidance of someone else, just like kids, our confidence grows. For adults, learning to play a musical instrument from a book may very well be the realization of a childhood dream, and there’s nothing but pure magic in that.
- 【Easy to Play】The thumb piano comes with user manual, you can follow it to play the finger piano easily. Thumb piano 17 keys is suitable for beginners, kids, and professionals.
- 【Excellent Sound】No need any music basis, you only need to move your thumb to get the excellent music by yourself. Thumb piano is the best instrument for performance, family, outdoor, school, party and relaxation.
- The RockJam 561 keyboard piano super kit includes a digital keyboard with 61 full-size keys giving you that traditional piano feel whilst maintaining a portable and compact design that can be powered by either mains power (power supply included) or batteries
- This RockJam 561 piano keyboard features an LCD display panel that both displays and engages the 100 rhythms, 50 tones, teaching functions, and 30 demo songs that are part of its functionality
- ♫Premium Material♫The Kalimba thumb piano is hand maded with high-quality mahogany which is balanced sound,lightweight but durable.Selected ore steel bars, high toughness and high strength provide a smooth play.
- ♫Wonderful Sound & Curve Notes♫Natural air-dried mahogany wood provides ethereal timbre.Resonance is strong and the sound is more full, melodious and lasting.All keys sound dreamlike.The 17 keys are engraved with notes, more convenient than other stickers notes thumb piano.The notes will never fall off.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.