Flip flops are a variety of sandal which includes a flat bottom that is kept loosely around the foot by the Y-shaped straps which passes between your first and second toes and after that around either side of the foot. It is usually worn as a casual footwear. The original versions of this form of footwear originated as early as the historical Egypt about 4000 B.C.. The name flip flop was used since at the very least the 1960’s to describe this sort of shoes and originated from the sound produced by the sandals any time walking with them. Flips flops have a number of names in various places including thongs or from time to time pluggers around Australia, jandals in New Zealand, slops in Africa and tsinelas in the Philippines.
The original Egypt’s type of them were created with papyrus in addition to palm foliage. In Africa, the Maasai people constructed these with rawhide. In India along with adjoining countries, they were constructed from timber. Rice hay was adopted within Japan and China. In ancient Greece, the foot strap was worn between the first and second toes, while early Rome versions placed the band in between the second and third toes. In Mesopotamia the band was initially between the 3rd and 4th toes. The current version of the flip flop shot to popularity in the United States when soldiers coming back from World War II brought the Japanese zori back with them and they attracted attention in the fifties. By the 1950’s the vivid colors begun to dominate the styles. The recognition had been mainly because of the flip flops convenience as well as level of comfort particularly in beach front themed retailers as summer footwear and have become linked to the seaside lifestyle in California.
The exact market size for the flip flops is actually difficult to figure out because of the range of suppliers that are involved. It was said that back in 2009 the size of the marketplace had been in the area of $20 billion making it a bigger market compared to the size of the sneakers marketplace. The main portion of this market are the produced in higher quantities basic designs which are commonly made in the far east and may retail for a few dollars a pair. In the other end of the selection are the designer manufacturers that can be very expensive at the retail shop.
Between health professionals there is certainly some debate concerning just how healthy they can be for the feet. Although the sole of the flip flop can protect the foot from the ground, the insufficient cover of the top of the foot may expose the feet to injury. This is particularly important in manufacturing environments where they may be restricted. The bottom is flat, so the flip flops are not very supportive for those that may need additional support. The answer here is to make use of the arch supportive flip flops, such as the Archies model that have an arch support included in them. A physiotherapist designed these kinds of Archies and are quite popular in Australia. The strap on flip flops does mean the toes have got to claw to help keep them on the feet, which also could possibly generate issues for many.
- MENS TOP FLIP FLOP SANDALS: Whatever your style, there's a Top for you! This bestselling classic comes in a range of wear-with-everything neutrals or bright shades that bring a pop of color to your look.
- DURABLE & VERSATILE: You can wear Havaianas wherever you want! They are perfect for the beach and also for the city. You can wear them with board shorts or with your favorite button-down.
- WATER SHOES: Finally — a men's and women's flip-flop that’s as comfortable as the Crocs Classic Clog. These adult flip-flops are easy-to-wear, dry quickly, and can go anywhere
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND FUN: Incredibly light and easy to wear, these Crocs flip flops are created with Croslite foam, featuring Iconic Crocs Comfort that offers all-day comfort and support
- UPPER: The Carver Suede sandal flip flop features soft suede straps with contrast stitching and a finely woven nylon toe post with herringbone texture; Classic sandal for every day you're on your feet; Wear them for work, school, to the beach or the pool
- ARCH SUPPORT: Anatomically correct arch support, heel contour and toe bar provide added comfort to your feet
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.