You have just enjoyed a heavy, delicious meal and are looking forward to relaxing. Suddenly, you encounter a painful and burning sensation in your throat. This is called acid reflux. If you experience this frequently, you will be unable to enjoy your meals. Persistent acid reflux (or heartburn) can also lead to permanent damage of your esophagus. When this problem occurs more than twice a week, you should consider it serious. If you are suffering from this problem, do not worry. Here are some tips to cure this problem.
What is acid reflux?
Acid reflux disease occurs when the acid from your stomach enters your esophagus repeatedly. This is due to the weakness and relaxation of the sphincter muscles that lie between the esophagus and stomach. Since the acid does not encounter any barrier, it returns again and again to the esophagus.
What causes acid reflux disease?
High fat foods are the culprits that give rise to this problem. They weaken the muscle temporarily.
How do I treat the acid reflux problem?
There are some simple methods to treat this problem.
· Since high fat foods are the primary cause, control your intake of such foods.
· Change the position of your bed. Sometimes, you might get immediate relief by raising the head of the bed. Keep 4 to 6 inch blocks below the bed bedposts. This keeps the acid away from the esophagus due to force of gravity. But it does not work in all the cases.
· Use antacids. But use this as a short-term method or if you suffer from the problem rarely. If you use antacids for a long time, the acid in your stomach decreases, giving rise to other problems.
· Change your lifestyle habits. Quit smoking if you are a smoker. Reduce or quit drinking. Include more fiber in your foods. Eat small and more frequent meals to ensure that your stomach does not get totally full. Eat more complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Cut down on your intake of fatty and fried foods. Include herbs like ginger in your meals. This is the best, healthiest and a long-term solution.
If you are having acid reflux problem for a long-time then it is advised to consult a physician.
- ORIGINS: This amazingly effective acid reflux remedy was discovered by the Amish while they were still in Europe and brought to this country sometime in the 1880's
- NATURAL: Amish remedy for acid reflux is completely natural and provides guaranteed relief
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Aviv, Dr. Jonathan E. (Author)
- Daniels, Don (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.