The other name for Jock Itch is Tinea Cruris. This is an embarrassing infection to reveal. It is a skin infection which mainly develops around groin due to the ideal environment it provides. The groin becomes the perfect area for the growth of the fungus as it is warm, moist and humid. Therefore increased amount of sweating, wearing wet clothes just makes things easier for the fungus. This kind of a problem is mainly seen with men in comparison to women. The jock itch fungus is known as the Trichophyton rubrum which also causes infection to the toes and other body parts. This fungal infection is related to athlete’s foot and ringworm. The fungus is caused by several types of mold-like-fungi called dermatophytes which are microscopic fungi and bacteria. These dermatophytes survive on dead tissue of your skin, hair and nail which are warm and moist areas too.
Anyone and everyone can get it. Humid weather, friction with tight clothes, wearing same clothes for longer period are some of the binding reasons for jock itch. It may also be caused by wearing other people’s clothing. These infections can be very severe and can cause lot of problems. Some of the common signs of jock itch are the elevated edges, red rashes sometime circular. You go through constant itching, chafing, combined with inflammation, burning sensation in the groin, thigh or anal area. You may also go through flaking, peeling or cracking of the skin. The vaginal area or the penis is not affected by the jock itch. You can feel it on the upper thigh which finds its way to the inner thigh and pelvis till it reaches the anal area.
A good hygiene can take you a long way. By maintaining a good hygiene you can prevent jock itch.
Keep yourself always clean and dry
Wash the sensitive area and later dry it with clean towel to prevent fungus
Change your underwear everyday
You can also use anti-fungal powders or sprays which may be of vital importance in the act of prevention.
Avoid sharing your clothes or towels
Wear loose fitting clothes which are made of cotton this avoids friction
There are no exclusive home remedies for jock itch but some preventive measures of hygiene can be adhered to avoid this problem.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
- Provides soothing itchy skin relief: Treat the discomfort of itchy skin on the groin and inner thighs with Lotrimin ultra-jock itch cream
- Proven to cure most jock itch: Clinically proven to cure most jock itch infections, Lotrimin Ultra Antifungal Cream kills the fungus that causes tinea cruris, commonly known as jock itch
- Provides relief: Effectively relieves the discomfort of itchy skin on the groin and inner thighs with Lotrimin Jock Itch Antifungal Powder Spray
- Proven to cure most jock itch: Clinically proven to cure most jock itch infections, Lotrimin Jock Itch Antifungal Powder Spray controls the growth of fungus that causes tinea cruris, commonly known as athlete's foot
- JOCK ITCH TREATMENT FOR THE SHOWER: Ideal for athletes and active lifestyles, Fungicure Medicated Anti-Fungal Wash lets you treat most jock itch conveniently in the shower without the mess and inconvenience of anti-fungal creams, sprays, and powders.
- FUNGUS REMEDY WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION: Fungicure Medicated Anti-Fungal Wash is an over the counter anti-fungal soap that treats and relieves most jock itch, ringworm, athlete's foot, tinea versicolor and other common fungus infections of the body, hands, and feet.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.