There is really nothing like a best skin care product. There really can’t be anything like ‘The best skin care product’, because skin care products work differently for different people (based on the skin type to some extent). A product that is the ‘best skin care product’ for one person might end up being the worst for another person. So, a more logical question to ask would be ‘What is the best skin care product for my type of skin?’. However, this still is not completely logical. We tend to segregate people into 4 groups based on their skin types – i.e. dry skin, oily skin, normal skin and sensitive skin. However, this classification is just too broad to be used definitively in determining the best skin care product. We can say ‘best skin care product for a dry skin’ or ‘best skin care product for an oily skin’ are better statements than just ‘best skin care product’. But really, that is what it is – ‘better’; still not accurate.
So, it really comes to rephrasing the question to – ‘What is the best skin care product for me’. Yes, this is exactly the question that you should be asking, and unfortunately there is no easy answer for this. Arriving at the best skin care product for self will need some effort on your part.
First of all, you need to understand how the skin care products work. This is simple. You can consider all skin care products to be composed of 2 types of ingredients – Active and inactive. The active ingredients are the ones that actually work on your skin. The inactive ones just help in delivering these active ingredients to your skin. Both the ingredients need to work for your skin, in order for the product to be effective (and move on to become the best skin care product for you).
Besides the ingredients, the way you apply your skin care products is equally important. In fact, this is even more important. If you do not know how to apply skin care products, you might forever be hunting for the best skin care product for yourself, when that has already passed you. Moreover, it’s also important to decide on the frequency of application (of the skin care product). The environmental factors – temperature, humidity and pollution level, also affect the selection of best skin care product. Here are a few rules that you could use to ensure that your best skin care product is really the best for you:
- Cleanse your skin before applying that best skin care product.
- Use a makeup remover instead of plain water and remove your makeup before going to bed.
- The effectiveness of active ingredients is reduced when applied over another product e.g. over moisturiser. So apply that best skin care product first and then apply a bit of moisturizer if needed.
- Apply the products on moist and warm skin.
- You will have to experiment with a few products before you arrive at the one that is the best skin care product for you.
- Do not exfoliate too much or too hard.
- Vary your skin care routine as per the seasons (winter/summer etc), changes in environmental factors and changes in your skin type
Note that the best skin care product cannot be determined overnight. It’s only through experiment (and awareness) that you can find the ‘Best skin care product’ (for you).
- BEST HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE: works for all skin types, including dry, normal, oily, combination, sensitive, and irritated. This daily acne treatment has been designed to be highly effective yet gentle enough for everyday use and is a great gift for the holidays 2020.
- ● MINERAL-INFUSED Clarifying Mud Mask is based on an advanced formula composed of Dead Sea mineral mud that gently purifies and cleans clogged pores. Combined with an herbal complex of Aloe-Vera, Calendula Oil, Vitamin E, Sunflower Seed and Jojoba Oil.
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIANT: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid), to unclog & diminish enlarged pores, exfoliate dead skin cells, smooth wrinkles, and brighten and even out skin tone. Combats redness, wrinkles, aging, enlarged pores, and blackheads. PACKAGING MAY VARY.
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by helping it shed extra layers while unclogging and clearing pores.
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.