You could consider that overpronation is similar to a death sentence for runners if you read through a number of the running internet sites and social media comments. Anyone will think that it may result in all of the overuse injuries that athletes can get and the key reason why runners need the specific motion control athletic shoes or foot orthotics to fix this. This does get talked about in many communities that it’s a thing fairly evil which really needs to be dealt with.
Pronation is a normal motion of the foot where the ankle rolls inwards and the arch of the feet drop. Overpronation is where there may be too much of that natural movement. There’s really no distinct meaning of precisely what overpronation really is and just what will be viewed as normal and abnormal. This issue is claimed to cause an ineffective running biomechanics, and so much more effort is needed to run. It is additionally claimed that a foot which overpronates may cause a variety of issues from hallux valgus to pinched nerves to knee injuries. For this reason runners who do overpronate usually are highly advised to make use of foot orthoses to support the foot and make use of the motion control running shoes.
Regardless of this, there are numerous stories of runners who do have a significant severe form of overpronation who never get issues and may run easily. This has resulted in comments that this entire idea around overpronation is a delusion and isn’t a real disorder. They claim it is invented by those who make money from foot supports as well as athletic shoes.
Having said that, should you look at the real research evidence, then yes overpronation (however you choose to define it) is a concern in runners. The meta-analyses and systematic reviews of all of the data indicate that this is a small risk factor for problems in athletes, however that risk continues to be statistically important. Which means that overpronation is a problem is athletes however its perhaps not as big a problem it has been thought of previously.
- ☑️ ARCH SLEEVES THAT HELP WITH PAIN - Tired of feel pain in your Arch? Our compression arch sleeves provide instant relief to your arch and heel through compression support that provides the maximum boost to your blood circulation. Better oxygen circulation helps reduce lactic acid build up and aids muscle recovery in your arch. This product is design with a Gel Pad that will give you the support you needed in your foot and give you the necessary treatment that you will never feel pain again.
- ☑️ DOCTOR RECOMMENDED – Our compression arch sleeves are recommended by doctors and preferred by trainers. The targeted ribbing arch support provides unmatched comfort and pain relief for your feet. We carefully designed and manufactured our compression arch sleeves to provide premium support, comfort, and relief without compromising your mobility. Form fitting, lightweight, and breathable fabric features maintain joint stability regardless of activity.
- Designed for people who suffer from arch pain due to stress on their arch
- With Shock Guard Technology to treat pain at the source for immediate, all-day relief
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS AND FLAT FEET PAIN RELIEF - Soft fabric & SBR arch support distribute pressure for your feet. Ease pain from plantar fasciitis, flat feet, heel spur, high arch aggravation relieve arch pain and heel pain from long time standing and walking.
- COMFORTABLE, FLEXIBLE AND EFFECTIVE - Wonderwin original SBR pads stretch to fit your feet, and stay in place with a snug fitting sock, to give you long-lasting relief from foot and heel pain.
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.